Friday, March 19, 2010

Looks Like It Will Pass......And On Sunday Too.....

Looks like the health care bill/fiasco - sorry, editorializing - is set to be voted on and pass on Sunday.  I'm reading it's about an 80% chance.  For some time now, I've been reading many, many different opinions about this bill, and what many are stating is that this health bill is simply a redistribution of wealth.  And that's how I see it. That's how I see most government meddling/programs.  Maybe I'm missing something, but when government sticks its fingers in things it doesn't create any value - it just redistributes it. Nothing more. I find all these programs as just redistribution. Oh, and the bad part is they skim money off the top of whatever they do to regulate and enforce the policies they create.  Waste.  Inefficiency.  All great empires eventually failed as a result of government largess and waste over time. Maybe I'm getting too philosophical here, but our founding leaders created a constitution which I believe should still be adhered to.  And of course the vast majority of all the programs we see our government involved in are not covered in that constitution. I would rather government decisions be pushed back down to the lowest level - a local level. I would like to see us become simpler, not more complex. Simplicity is a jewel and unfortunately we are far from that state.  We should always strive for simplicity, for efficiency, over complexity. 

I get the "good" side of this.  Many don't have a job.  Many don't have health care coverage. Many own no stocks, directly or indirectly.  If this bill is enacted into law, it MIGHT prove to be a good thing for them.  However, millions have a job; millions own stocks.  This bill becoming law, in my opinion, is a disaster because Washington is trying to accomplish something that will either raise taxes or raise the cost of health care for all who make money or have health care.  And, what many don't seem to understand or believe is, this legislation becoming law will stifle the jobs recovery; will cancel alot of plans to hire more workers or create a new business.  

If this bill passes, then the likelihood of the millions out of work now finding a job goes down, maybe significantly.....

No comments: