Monday, April 12, 2010

Things I Think I Think About Tech

I need to buy CIEN back.....I also need to buy AKAM; some see a similar chart pattern here to CIEN though the velocity isn't as potent - if you believe that stuff. That said, AKAM above $33 looks like it has the $43-45 level in sight....

I wonder if anyone else is thinking about the iPad and the coming netbook wars and 3/4G always-on networks and all those electronic payments that are going to be passing through Visa's (V) payment processing system.....

VMW is at my projected buyout price (from many months back). Looks like they are either staying solo or any deal getting done on this stock would now have it over $75.....

Do we see a mega-priced tech merger this year? Is VMW the name to command the premium?

Are optics stocks overvalued? I find that contention incredulous. For point of reference, at current levels JDSU and its ilk are still at levels below the 2002 lows in most cases. I think a good proxy for where some of these names eventually go is the 2006 highs. From that point we'll have to see.....

long AAPL

No comments: