Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Severe Selling In Tech Is Ridiculous.....

So, how low do we go?

Lots of players "wanted" a correction; now it's here. I do think if I focus on stocks, and not the market, (which I usually do) I'm inclined to try to add a couple of things here....I'm keying off GOOG as a possible add, as well as for being a key tell as to when this selling will abate.

I am reminded of my CDS ramblings at times like these and feel this Euro debt "crisis" is as much about the fact that we have CDS' with no tie to their underlying. My view is we need at least one more crisis to get people to view the CDS along my line of thinking.

Bottom line, I am looking at buys and feeling that I'm going to bide a little more time. I also think this Euro issue is taking the wrong stocks down the most today and that provides, or will provide opportunity.

Is the iPad going to be less of a hit because Greek CDS is blowing out again? Is Google's Chrome not exploding their market share? Are T and VZ and CMCSA going to quit spending on their much needed network bandwidth? Is NUAN going to pull back on their investment in speech recognition development? Is the Fed going to raise rates faster? If not, then isn't C going to produce prodigious net interest margins and thus massive amounts of EPS?

long C; AAPL - bought much more AAPL today....

No comments: