Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tech, And Some Random Stuff

Finally, I see some economists with some GDP growth numbers that are nearing my figure....However, when the majority of them (economists) get to similar numbers it will be time to pull back the horns considerably. From my perch, the negativity bubble still persists (en masse) as does the gold bubble and these are the last two bubbles yet to pop.....

With oil back at $80, it's curious that solar isn't getting more press....

I'm looking for AAPL to start seeing much better sales out of CHU in the coming months. I expect we might start seeing a million phones sold every 3-4 months with acceleration pretty soon....

Further, GS is out already with new iPhone talk. I still think the Tablet may end being AAPL's best product ever produced and I was very early in saying the iPhone was AAPL's most important product to date....

JPM is out with a pretty bearish piece in the semi's. Interesting, while I'm still quite bullish on tech I agree with most of JPM's chip predictions as written. My bull theme in the semi's still (and only) resides in the high-end communication segments for routing, wifi/wired/wireless bandwidth, and smartphones. As is JPM's piece, I'm not high on the traditional semi-cap's, or TXN -- however, I'm not sure I agree that the SOX will produce a negative 2010 but it will be much more muted vs. 2009. Lastly, because differentiation is slowly occurring, we could see massive years out of BRCM and QCOM while the SOX stays muted.

I can't wait to short BIDU, but currently I am biding time....

long AAPL; GS

No comments: