Monday, July 6, 2009

Is AAPL Still A Buy? My Thoughts........

Yes, I think AAPL's a table-pounding buy; to that end, I've made it my largest position BY FAR - picking up stock, short-term calls and some leaps. AAPL at sub-$140 in my opinion is some kind of joke - I think it's exceedingly inexpensive - no debt; about $35/share in cash - $35/share!; so at today's prices you're getting it for about $100 a share, which is probably much less than 20x next year's earnings. That's cheap for AAPL's kind of growth. Huge cash balance (could there some time in the future be a $10/share special dividend to shareholders?). Conservative accounting. My feeling is what's occuring now is ETF domination and TA trumping all - for the time being. Obviously the best trade is many times the one not made - Additionally, frustration breeds mistakes. My feeling, backed up by my actions, is don't trade or get shaken out due to frustration and/or boredom. I see AAPL at least 60 points higher by year-end.

long AAPL; AAPL calls; AAPL leaps

No comments: