Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random Stuff

I lightened up on AAPL today and got back into C in a big way. Also got into DRIV and a little VRSN, which is too cheap not to own at this point. I may lighten up on AAPL again soon, not because there's anything wrong with AAPL, but I need to get back into GOOG. The break off $492 was playable and the stock has responded nicely. I see GOOG to the $700/800 area now, much like I saw AAPL to the low to mid $200's when the stock broke was still in the $128-144 range.

I still want to see a unified response from the ECB on their efforts to thwart market rules. Until then I may have to trade quicker than normal and take smaller gains.

I still like the networkers more and more of late -- with an eye to CTV again -- but closer to $25/26.

Time for the jobs number again, tomorrow. It looks like the bears are trying to jam the whisper number crazy high so that a really good number can be sold. If we get a solid number (anything north of 480), and the market sells off hard on this - then we may find out something about the market's mood.

From my perch, my jobs tsunami thesis is in full force. The forecast is 500k and that would be stellar. I also expect to see big jobs gains over time; and also am expecting we might see the unemployment rate rise a bit more....

long AAPL, VRSN, C, DRIV

No comments: