Wednesday, June 9, 2010

CIEN

I don't own any CIEN; but I need to. And maybe fairly soon.....CIEN should have been up 15% to 20% today, but given our broken markets and childish fears over BP and the Euro, it wasn't. Not even close. I've described CIEN as a secular growth story for some time now amid a preponderance of extreme negativity. The negativity swelled to outlandish proportions on the purchase of Nortel's MEN assets which I felt CIEN paid a great price for, and viewed the deal quite positively.

For the last quarter or two some analysts have seen the bullish light on CIEN, and the deal, and have come around with buys or strong buys with price targets in the $20's.

CIEN is in two of the global networking sweet spots currently; with industry best in class technology and what looks to be an increasingly accretive deal fully in their sails.

I fully expect more positive analyst traction in the coming weeks and months - and am sticking to mid $30's or higher value on CIEN's shares. I also think it's becoming more likely that CIEN could be a take out target - and the potential price is now rising by the quarter......

No comments: